Officially a Herd?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

GrizzlysDad

Re: Officially a Herd?

Post by GrizzlysDad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:18 am

Here is a couple poor shots of the tank with rocks, driftwood, and a few live plants.

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:30 am

Thanks for the pictures Tony.
They do appear cropped for some reason. Maybe try resizing them before uploading to photobucket or imageshack.
You can even go better and upload a video in youtube or wherever suits you :)
I would love to see some more after they settle. They've got plenty of hiding spaces. Mine are inhabiting a driftwood cave and don't like my DIY tubes at all :lol:

GrizzlysDad

Post by GrizzlysDad » Tue May 28, 2013 10:31 pm

I just added 3 more "little" Clowns to the herd.....all three around the 6" mark. My friend really wanted the 3 Synodontis brichardi I had for his 150g show tank so I made the trade even-up.
These bring my total to 31 in the group :shock:
I plan to work on building a custom cabinet stand soon, possibly with a matching canopy.
Once that is done I may decide to thin out a little and sell/trade some of the little squirts that are under the 6" size.
Unfortunately I don't think there are too many of the 31 that will be under 6" now....not that that is a problem :wink:

GrizzlysDad

Re: Officially a Herd? SAD UPDATE

Post by GrizzlysDad » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Well some unfortunate medical/financial issues has caused me to sell my entire group of clowns :cry:
Three of the smallest clowns I gave to a friend's son because he was so amazed by the group...the youngsters need to be encouraged with regards to our hobby and it was personally more rewarding knowing how thrilled he was to get his start of a clown circus. :wink:

The remaining 30 were passed on to some close friends where I know they will get great long term care.
It took me about a year and a half to build this group so it was definitely a tough decision.
The $700 will come in handy for my medical bills though and as I mentioned, they will be taken proper care of in their new home.
Now, when things settle down and finances recover I will have to start all over again. :D