Golden DoJo loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Wendie

Golden DoJo loaches

Post by Wendie » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:18 pm

:?: I currently have 8 black kuhlis and am wondering if adding two golden dojo loaches might cause problems?

Got a treat today and managed to get to two LFS. I picked up a small clown in one as he was the only one left. I checked in the other store for one of the same size... bummer... they had some larger ones but you could just see the start of ick on one which spent most of his time on the bottom. So the clown is here by himself and trailing the smaller Yo Yo around like a puppy.

shari

Hi Wendi

Post by shari » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:40 pm

Dojos and khuli's should be ok. They will compete for food, but there shouldn't be any agression to speak of, I don't think. You could wait for Robin or Graeme to get the real professional advice. :)

Clowns and yo yos will pal round some, although they do prefer their own kind. It was probably wise to wait rather than get clowns that are clearly sick, unless you have a q-tank to treat them in or are afraid of missing a rare opportunity. Q-tanking all fish is a good practice, anyway. :D

shari

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:23 pm

Personality wise? I shouldn't see a problem. However we know that Dojo/Weather loaches are cold water loaches and you would have to find a compromise for the temperature. Around 75-77 should be fine.

Graeme.

Wendie

Post by Wendie » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:02 pm

:? Yes, I've been keeping all the loach tanks at about 77 or 78 degrees. I have regular kuhlis with blacks in one tank and black kuhlis with YoYo's in another tank but those will be moved.

bowax

Re: Golden DoJo loaches

Post by bowax » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:49 am

The volume of the legists has been good for the institutions. The rank of the institute and essay uk is fixed for the reformations for all ideal paths for the humans I life.