River Tank Babies!!!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mikev

Post by mikev » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:22 pm

Thanks a lot, Emma....

Would be very interesting to see more, this one may be a female or a male which just starts developing "shoulders" , and without a few to compare it is impossible to say....

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:58 pm

This may be one of the last updates on this very l-o-n-g thread!

Seeing as I gave Graeme his birthday gift of 3 baby Sewellia earlier on today, this evening we caught out the remaining fry from the baby tank and acclimatised them over to the main River Tank.

I grabbed a quick pic when Steve was transferring the bag to the big tank to start acclimatisation:

It was quite an emotional moment for me, as all these little fish have ever really known was the safety of the little fry tank they've grown up in for the past few months - they don't know there is a place called Vietnam out there. To them, that little tank was their world. :wink: I turned the main lights off, leaving just the blue tube on, so that they wouldn't be too shocked by the light. They all darted for the cover of the plants immediately upon release, but I have since seen several of them shuffling about on the back glass and on the bogwood and plants.

:mrgreen:

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:40 pm

Hang in there "Mom". The "kids" will be fine in their new home. :wink:
You've done a wonderful job to prepare them for the larger world of the river tank.
I hope that the empty fry tank has new inhabitants soon.

dlenn

Post by dlenn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:38 am

Same here, our little guys went from the safety of the net, to the safety of the baby Cheni tank to Graeme's tank and Emma and Steve's Sewellia tank at the shop.

I'm sure (*fingers crossed*) that we've all given them the best start in life and they can only go on from there.

from one *loachmom* to another. :)
Surprises in small packages
Binabik
Tad Williams

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:31 am

Thank you's. :D It looks like I needn't have worried as all have settled in nicely and are doing great! The River Tank is a hive of activity! 8)

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.