information

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

cathy

information

Post by cathy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Hello of France

I have been called Cathy, I make aquariophilie for 2 years. I launched out on the Asian one. My new decoration will be either a brook, or a marsh. My population perhaps will change because I seek a carnivore going in one 180 L .
I seek information on Acanthopsis choirorhynchus (the loach - horse). For an aquarium of 180 L and like population 2 couples of gouramis Leeri and cosby. 5 pangio kuhlii and a crossocheilus .9 will rasbora harlequin and soon small a prédator .2 couple of ancitrus.I have also one 60 L, always Asian
Thank you for your answer.
friendship.
“First glass is as bitter as the life, the second is as soft as the love, troixième is as alleviating as death.”

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Hello Cathy, Welcome to Loaches!

Are you thinking of putting the Horse Loach in the 180 liter tank? It is a good sized tank for that loach. I have this loach in a tank about this size, with a Moonlight Gourami (T. microlepis), Boesemani Rainbows (Melanotaenia boesemani), Tiger Pleco (Loricariad, L-2), Panda Cories (Corydoras panda) and they are all fine with each other. I even had some Guppies (Poecilia reticulata) breeding in this tank, and some of the babies survived.

Be careful adding fish that prey on other fish if you will be putting smaller fish (Rasboras) in this tank. If you are thinking about fish that eat insects or worms as predators, that is fine.

A marsh is a difficult set up in an aquarium. It can be done outdoors, I have something of a marsh between the levels of my multi-level pond.
In an aquarium I would go for a brook. Have a look at this, if you want really fast moving water.
http://www.loaches.com/articles/hillstr ... -fast-lane
This works very well in a long, low tank.

Some Cosby Gouramis can be rather territorial and aggressive to other fish that like the top area of the tank, such as the Pearl Gourami. The Pearl Gourami is more peaceful, most of the time.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

Nonn

Post by Nonn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:15 am

If you are going for Acanthopsis, they will need sand bottom to hide under. I know sand is very difficult to take care, but it will be really worth seeing them horssy dive in and out of it.
http://www.siamensis.org
Thailand Nature Explorer