Buy an extra clown loach, yey or ney.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Re: Buy an extra clown loach, yey or ney.

Postby Loachloach » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:57 pm

I just measured my clown loach. I have a steel knife inside the tank to keep a cucumber down. The clown loach from nose to tail is the lenght of that knife roughly, if not a very tiny bit longer. The knife is 9 iches :roll: That fish has grown faster than any of the clown loaches in the tank. Although one of my 4 year olds is quite large and probably over 7 inch based on the size difference with the large clown. So some look stunted some grow like weeds....Perhaps its do do with their sex and most of the others are males...?

I've had this loach for 3 years now...It means he/she has grown roughly an inch per year since I got him. For an older clown loach that sounds quite a lot. He definately gets most of the food though :roll:
Loachloach

Postby NancyD » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 pm

I love your clown pond! What are the other fish, small loaches of some kind, I think &?
NancyD

Postby Loachloach » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Hey Nancy thanks. The other inhabitants are 9 denison barbs and 5 SAEs. They are only young though.
Loachloach

Postby Loachloach » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:40 am

Hey nancy. Here is a bit of a closer view of the denison barbs in there. I only got them about 5 weeks ago and they were very small and colourless when I bought them but have been growing and colouring fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUsFPUa5xI
Loachloach

Postby NancyD » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:00 pm

I loved my denisonii barbs, I want them again soon. It must be the SAEs that made me think they were loaches, I'm not used to viewing fish from above :D
NancyD

Postby Loachloach » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:54 am

Its the first time I have SAEs and I they do behave a lot like loaches. :wink:
Loachloach

Previous

Return to Loach Forum