DOJO LOACH FRY !!!!! HELP

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Stephenie

DOJO LOACH FRY !!!!! HELP

Post by Stephenie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:59 am

I was transferring my three dojo loaches out of a 29 ga into a 65 gal about three weeks ago. I moved the majority of the gravel and water out and left the 29 gal in the back of the kitchen with approx. 3inches of water and minimal gravel in it to be dealt with later. Well I hate to admit it but I didn't get around to it until yesterday and to my surprise I found it full of little tiny dojo loach fry of varring sizes!! I couldn't believe my eyes, there were 2 or three big enough to clearly make out that they are dojos (1inch long) and some that are smaller. I cant imagine how they survived! I set the tank back up and covered the filter so they wouldn't get sucked into it but other then that I don't know what to do with these guys!!!! Oh and after I set the tank up the larger ones started swimming all over it but I don't see the tiny ones anymore....I think they're hiding in the gravel! Any help is appreciated!