New clowns

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mikev

Re: New clowns

Post by mikev » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Does he specialize in treating tropical fish or is he just a hobbist/chemist of some sort?
He is one of the most known people in the hobby, has been around for years, and he deserves our eternal gratitude for making us aware of flubendazole (and other things) as well as making the med available. Basically, a star.

Again, he is the one you should be talking to (if he opts to talk to you), not me. But I do want to point out that "full eradication" is not necessarily the goal. Some infections are omni-present, nearly every tank has mycobacteria in it as well as a collection of protozoan parasites and if you succeed in exterminating them totally they will come back later anyway.

Loachloach

Re: New clowns

Post by Loachloach » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:49 am

Yes, but hexamita can be fully eradicated unlike micobacteria or at least we know way more about hexamita. I don't think it's fair compare it to other pathogens because of that.
And you do need to fully eradicate it if you don't want random fish to succumb to it each time they are moved, bullied by a tank mate or stressed in other anavoidable manner, or develop secondary infections.

And it's not that I am not grateful for people like him. I am very grateful. But no-one has found a miracle drug for everything yet.