Need to rehome my precious dojos ...

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Dojosmama

Need to rehome my precious dojos ...

Post by Dojosmama » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:30 pm

but, I don't want to have to ship them through the mail or by ground. I need for someone who lives close to my area to come and get them. I live in the north Idaho panhandle, U.S.A. This person must be very experienced in keeping healthy dojos, and must love these cute little fish. This person must also have a large enough tank -- 65-gallons or larger, as this is what my dojos are accustomed to. I do NOT want my dojos to go to a commercial LFS that might turn around and sell them to someone who may NOT be knowledgeable or caring enough to keep them healthy and happy. Whoever I rehome my dojos with will keep them as pets as I have done. These are very pampered and well-cared for fish, and I wish for their quality of life to continue that way. Please PM me if you are the one who meets these requirements. We can discuss this and I can provide additional information.

--dojosmama

Dojosmama

Re: Need to rehome my precious dojos ...

Post by Dojosmama » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Folks, I've changed my mind. I'm keeping my little dojos, which I've had since 2010. I was thinking of tearing down my 65 gallon tank, but now I'm keeping it and will make some improvements in it. I do have a 20-gallon, but no way was I going to subject those dojos to such a cramped environment when they're accustomed to the spacious 65. There's no way to guarantee they would get a good home, anyway, if I gave them to someone else. So, please disregard the previous post.

Thanks -- dojosmama

mikev

Post by mikev » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Great news!

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:22 pm

I'm glad you decided to keep them, we know you love them!