Hi from a new user. and not certain what these are..

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Mordikar

Re: Hi from a new user. and not certain what these are..

Post by Mordikar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:01 am

I'll start shopping around for some kubotai then.

We had more tetras originally. They weren't a species i actually wanted. The wife picked them out and then has shown no interest in the tank since. I'm not planning on restocking them and when these last 3 go there won't be any more of those. We started with 5, there was a cat incident that resulted in 2 becoming sushi. I have since sealed up all the openings in the back of the lids.

Thanks for all the advice.

mikev

Post by mikev » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:06 am

If you are in the US, Wetspot has them now, and good price too (strong USD effect?)

Mordikar

Post by Mordikar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:51 am

I'm in Ft. Worth, TX. There's a couple of fish stores near me. Wetspot is not one of them. The one i usually go to is where i got the histi's. They are usually really good, but these were real small when i got them. They were told by their supplier they were anglicus loaches so that's what they sold them as.

If i get time today I'm gonna hit a few places and see if anyone has them in stock in a size closer to my current one.

mikev

Post by mikev » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Angelicus == this is the old scientific name for b. kubotai.

Quite often buying online ends up cheaper (even counting the shipping) and one gets healthier fish.

Mordikar

Post by Mordikar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:11 pm

wow i didn't know that. I figured all the time in transit would be stressful and result in sicker fish. Learn new stuff all the time :)

Clownloachman

Post by Clownloachman » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Definitely botia kubotai, had some of these from juvies and look the same, get on with most loaches other than skunks or green tigers.