New member to LOF

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

walloper

New member to LOF

Post by walloper » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:49 pm

As stated i'm new to the site. i live in Australia and have kept fish for many years.
Over the past 2 years i have been keeping Clown Loaches and have finally found the fish i've been looking for 8) !
I look forward to learning plenty from all the gurus on here and hope to be able to contribute one day.
We have an oscar which has been a family pet for about 7 or 8 years, it's an extremely mellow fish that doesn't harass it's tank mates.
Our first clown was given to us by a friend who wanted to focus on his pair of Jags, and we fell in love with them from there.
We have 10 in total in a 6ft tank. 3 x 7 - 8", 1 x 6", 1 x 5" and a few smallies.
I haven't tried feeding any vegetables or prawns etc (human food lol) yet but will use the forum and see what others are feeding and how they manage it.
I mix it up between 4 different sinking pellets being high protein , algae, vegetable and carnivorous. I also feed frozen blood worms early in the morning before the light comes on as this is when they are out and actively on the hunt.
Can any members give me advice on posting pictures to the forum please?
Cheers.
walloper.

atmichaels

Re: New member to LOF

Post by atmichaels » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:24 am

Welcome to the forum! Yes, we want pictures. I use photobucket to host my pictures. You can then copy/paste the IMG code. Looking forward to your pics.

Austen
Currently keeping: gastromyzon spp., hypergastromyzon humilis, pseudogastromyzon sp., sewellia spp., ambastaia sidthimunki, homaloptera spp., serpenticobitis octozona, Yaoshania pachychilus. As well as various catfish, loricarids, livebearers and tetras.

redshark1

Post by redshark1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi and welcome. I hope you enjoy your Clown Loaches for many years as I have.

I feed lots of pellet foods plus freeze dried shrimps in addition to many and various other things.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:14 am

Can any members give me advice on posting pictures to the forum please?
Use a free picture account like photobucket.com to upload your pictures. Then you can copy the "direct" link from there and paste it here using the "img" button while writing the post.

Welcome and looking forward to the pictures.