First loaches! Modesta!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

apmorgan93

First loaches! Modesta!

Post by apmorgan93 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Hello guys. This is my first post, about my first loaches! Pretty exciting stuff. I picked up 5 of the Yasuhikotakia modesta from my LFS the other day. Despite having just bought a new hood to prevent jumping I still lost 1 the first night through a little gap. So now there is saran wrap keeping anyone else from getting out through it. I really like these guys, but its been hard to find info or threads about them anywhere compared to the clowns. What do they like to eat the most?

I plan on getting more in the future once I build a river manifold for my 100g (60x18x20). What kind of turnover rate should I be aiming for? I'm thinking 20x would be pretty good. I have 2 canister filters and an external pump which should get me about 1200gph total and Id like to make a system with 3 vertical spraybars on one end of the tank to create the flow. I want to minimize the amount of equipment that is visible in the tank.

Maarten B

Re: First loaches! Modesta!

Post by Maarten B » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Have a look here, maybe it adds to what you already know, and is shown on "our" site
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/ya ... a-modesta/