Cool Idea

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

deafjam

Cool Idea

Post by deafjam » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:39 pm

hey guys, new to this forum not to loaches though. I went through 1 loach as a middle schooler years back and it lasted for a good 5 years. I was one of those kids that did a decent job taking care of his 30ish gallon tank. The dojo loach was the last to go unfortunately. Anyways, I am now an owner of 4 loaches (2 golden dojo and 2 albino dojo) along with 12 neon tetras and 5 corydoras.

So my idea is now to be presented, I was curious if it was feasible to do an sand "waterfall" with these loaches around in the tank. I do have an sand substrate. I wanted to know if anyone on these forum has done something similar to their tank with an sandfall (so to speak) and an canister filter along with dojo loaches.
55 gallon tank:

2 Golden Dojo Loach
2 Albino Dojo Loach
5 Corydoras Catfish
12 Neon Tetras

Diana

Re: Cool Idea

Post by Diana » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:45 am

The only way to know is to try it. If the fish are so interested they ruin the effect, you could move the set up to another tank and just use fish that do not tend to burrow or play with sand.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

rudolph345

Re: Cool Idea

Post by rudolph345 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:43 am

The Weather loach may not be the most flamboyant of fish, but its fascinating behaviour and endearing personality more than make up for such a shortcoming.