New here.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Belly-up

New here.

Post by Belly-up » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Greetings loach people. I am new to this forum though I have lurked in the shadows for a while. I have been in the hobby for a long, long time. For most of my life I focused on cichlids but a couple of years or so ago I got tired of fish that hate each other in favor of fish that actually (in most cases) like each other. I started with five yoyo loaches which I still have. Then I discovered Hillstream loaches maybe a year ago. They and the whole hillstream thing have become an obsession. Currently I am running a fifty and a one twenty-five as manifold tanks. They fifty is the longest established river tank and has a colony of Reticulated loaches which have been spawning regularly for several months (There are babies from at least four spawn-ings). The Reticulated loaches share their tank with six Panda Garra and seven Glowlight Danios, neither of which bother the baby RHL.

The 125 has Barilius canarensis, Clown barbs Mascara barbs, Glyptothorax lampris and six sumo loaches. It is a very busy tank and all these fish get along very well. I am looking for another loach to add to the mix. Most likely a grazing type species to fill that niche in this tank.

redshark1

Re: New here.

Post by redshark1 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi and a belated welcome. That sounds a very interesting setup you got there and must be good to watch.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

Belly-up

Re: New here.

Post by Belly-up » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Thank you. Both tanks are great to watch but I think the Panda Garra keep the most interest. They are always on the move, sometimes as a group, sometimes in pairs, others alone. Sometimes the get pushy with each other and other times they could not care less. In fact they are more loach like than some of my loaches! :lol: