Clown loach eat Northfin food and change behavior

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Hainguyen

Clown loach eat Northfin food and change behavior

Post by Hainguyen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:08 pm

I have tried most food brands like OmegaOne, extreme, new life spectrum pellets but my clown loach dont like them. They spit out and run back and forth for those food. The only pellets/wafer they eat are sinking wafers and monster carnivore from hikari.

Recently I try this new food Northfin krill gold and carnivore formula. They eat those up very fast too and not spitting out like new life spectrum. I was afraid that they gonna spit out 1mm krill gold formula, but i was wrong. They eat up fast and fight over it. They change their behavior too. Usually after the feeding about 30mins later most of my clown loach will go inside the driftwood and sleep? but after the feeding 1mm krill gold they act different. All of them swimming around and dancing. It's like they telling me to continue to feed more. My biggest clown loach 5 inches dancing up and down the tank and swimming all over the tank. He always the first go inside the cave and i will never see him again until tommorow morning when feeding time.

I recommend northfin krill gold formula.

Hai Nguyen

redshark1

Re: Clown loach eat Northfin food and change behavior

Post by redshark1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:31 am

That's interesting info. It's always good to hear of foods that Loaches like but I'm not sure I can get them here.

You aren't their salesman are you, you give a good account! If so I would like a discount!

Mine are currently loving the sinking pellets Tetra Prima and JMC Catfish Pellets.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

Hainguyen

Re: Clown loach eat Northfin food and change behavior

Post by Hainguyen » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:56 am

I bought them from this guy jay wilson on youtube. Fast shipping. You can also get it ebay. my clown loach love carnivor tablet and make a very loud clicking noise, but this carnivor formula will cloud the water and messy. Only if they swallow the whole table in their mouth then this is perfect food. Krill gold is good they swallow the the whole 1mm pellet but they dont make clicking noise like carnivor formula