New home

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Bis

New home

Post by Bis » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi, My Eleven Clown Loaches are moving to their new home this weekend. Tank and Sump combined water volume is 1300 litres. They were living in a 100 litre tank of their own until now but now I am thinking of some tank mates (not too many) for them.

Could you advice some good tank mates for them please. I want to keep the tank very worm.

My tank is 6 ft X 2 ft X 3 ft high.

Many thanks.

redshark1

Re: New home

Post by redshark1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Bis, what a great project you have there. So you're gonna grow them big right? I think you'll do a great job!

I don't feel that knowledgeable of warmer water fish and don't know what strength of the water current you are planning but I have always loved the Moonlight Gourami. The fact that they rise to the surface when Clown Loaches are to be found lower down is attractive.

I am keeping Congo Tetras and a large shoal of these would be impressive and relatively inexpensive. I find it a very trouble free fish and the shimmering scales of both sexes and the colours of the males have always appealed to me.

I assume that you want the Clown Loaches to be the biggest fish ultimately? I hope my suggestions promote thought and I look forward to any feedback you have.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

Loachloach

Re: New home

Post by Loachloach » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:35 am

Hey Bis, it sounds like a great new home for your clown loaches.

I am not sure what to suggest to go in very high temperatures but make sure to post pictures when you get the setup running. The clown loaches will be delighted with the new space.