How should I set this 125g from scratch for clown loaches?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mrpanda

Re: How should I set this 125g from scratch for clown loache

Post by mrpanda » Wed May 11, 2016 1:17 pm

sorry it took so long for a update ive been swamped with other things, the seal applied nice and easily and so far is holding water of course im only filling 10-20% water every 2-3 days. I did decide to make the bottom bead of silicone that goes around the tank thicker just for my own self assurance. Now I have been trying to find the malasian driftwood to fit in the tank but so far my lfs has been out since I picked up the rest of there malasian for my 55 gal. I did decide to go with 2 aquaclear 110 hobs but as for the light I will probaly go with a led or a regular bulb as I only need low light. I was pondering doing a gravel sand mix kinda like you wouldfind in a natural river or stream.

Uslanja

Post by Uslanja » Sat May 21, 2016 11:03 pm

How is the build coming along?
Dave & Tracy; Loving, Caring and enjoying Creation.

Uslanja

Post by Uslanja » Sat May 21, 2016 11:04 pm

How is the build coming along?
Dave & Tracy; Loving, Caring and enjoying Creation.

mrpanda

Post by mrpanda » Sun May 22, 2016 9:47 am

The tank is nice and dry with no leaks. But I have not been able to get any driftwood from my only lfs as they tend to have a very poor stock and be extremely overpriced.otherwise I have decided with a naturual colored pea gravel with a white sand strip cutting the tank in half. Ill be using 2 110 aquaclear hobs with double sponge filter as ill be discsrding the activated carbon. As soon as I can find the driftwood ill be able to look for java moss as ill be using it to carpet. Otherwise the whole tank will be decently planted with low light and carpeting plants. Ill be going with a total of 7 clown loaches and the rest will be small community shoaling fish.