Pangio spp

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Pangio spp

Postby atmichaels » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Just got these in. I'm thinking (hoping) cuneovirgata and oblonga. What do you think?

Thanks for looking!
Austen
Currently keeping: gastromyzon spp., hypergastromyzon humilis, pseudogastromyzon sp., sewellia spp., ambastaia sidthimunki, homaloptera spp., serpenticobitis octozona, Yaoshania pachychilus. As well as various catfish, loricarids, livebearers and tetras.
atmichaels

Re: Pangio spp

Postby BlueLoach » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:26 pm

I can't identify them for you, sorry, but they are really nice. Especially the ones in the first photo. Where did you get them? I would love to have some too!!
BlueLoach

Postby NancyD » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:20 am

Looks like cuneovirgata to me, so cute, good find! Oblonga? maybe, not as pointy noses as angullaris but more reddish than I remember having, but what's not to love?
NancyD

Postby atmichaels » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Thanks guys! I got these off aquabid so I've no idea where they came from. Hopefully I can get them to spawn once they mature!

Austen
Currently keeping: gastromyzon spp., hypergastromyzon humilis, pseudogastromyzon sp., sewellia spp., ambastaia sidthimunki, homaloptera spp., serpenticobitis octozona, Yaoshania pachychilus. As well as various catfish, loricarids, livebearers and tetras.
atmichaels

Postby gulogulo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:44 am

I agree cuneovirgata and oblonga.

@atmichaels- I'm curious who the seller was, I would love to get some cuneovirgata, they are hard to find.
Current loach residents- 14 Pangio semicincta, 2 P. doriae, 4 P. myersi, 1 P. shelfordi, 5 P. anguilaris, 6 P. oblonga, 8 P. cuneovirgata 5 Chromobotia macracantha, 3 Gastromyzon ctenocephalus, 3 Gastromyzon species unknown
gulogulo

Postby atmichaels » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:12 am

gulogulo wrote:@atmichaels- I'm curious who the seller was, I would love to get some cuneovirgata, they are hard to find.

Seller was Pete Mang aka Lotsoffish. These are his pics. Good luck!

Austen
atmichaels

Postby BlueLoach » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Oh yes, I've bought fish from Lotsofish!! Very satisfied with them. I am going to keep my eyes peeled for some of his loaches!!
BlueLoach

Postby atmichaels » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Pete has these in another aquabid auction right now. They're in a small fish mixed lot.
Austen
atmichaels

Return to Loach Forum