Jeff!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

shari

Jeff!

Post by shari » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:06 pm

I'm having trouble locating posts in the archive that I know were once there. Any suggestions?

shafer
Site Admin

Re: Jeff!

Post by shafer » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:45 pm

Shari wrote:I'm having trouble locating posts in the archive that I know were once there. Any suggestions?
Well, not particularly. (Searching for "loach" isn't much help. :D) I wish the search engine showed results in thread format, instead of that big long list. You can try adding more keywords to the search query, or restricting the date range if you know the year(s) when the post was written.

Jeff

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:54 pm

Yes Jeff, I've noticed a real difficulty, more impossibility of finding posts from say around August till recently. There seems to be some sort of Black hole on those. How often do you archive, or is it machine driven automatically?

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

shari

thanks

Post by shari » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:54 pm

I appreciate it Jeff, thanks. I'll keep trying.

shafer
Site Admin

Post by shafer » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:10 am

Martin Thoene wrote:Yes Jeff, I've noticed a real difficulty, more impossibility of finding posts from say around August till recently. There seems to be some sort of Black hole on those. How often do you archive, or is it machine driven automatically?

Martin.
Archiving is automatic, although the whole thing is held together with a bunch of string and duct tape. I took a quick look through it tonight, and everything seems to be setup OK for the most recent archives. A search for "ich philip tomont" returns a post from October. (Although, I was cheating, in that I already had that post open, and was able to pick good keywords to search for). But, if I can find that post in the search, I don't see why others would be missing... I rebuilt the index for the recent messages. Perhaps that will help.

Thanks,

Jeff

shari

Jeff

Post by shari » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:25 am

Happy New Year!

Also, when I check the archives I only seem to get posts from the Loach Forum, none from the Off Topic forum. Are they not archived?

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:46 am

Same here! :?

shafer
Site Admin

Re: Jeff

Post by shafer » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:18 am

Shari wrote:Happy New Year!

Also, when I check the archives I only seem to get posts from the Loach Forum, none from the Off Topic forum. Are they not archived?
Sorry, the off-topic forum has never been archived. Only the most recent 2000~ posts were kept at any given time.

Jeff