2 clown loaches free to a good home

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Greeny

2 clown loaches free to a good home

Post by Greeny » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi all,

I have 2 clown loaches which I would like to rehome. I am happy for the right fishkeeper to take for free as long as these requirements are met.

1, a clown loach enthusiast with good clown loach knowledge
2, someone who has a large enough tank for at least 6 full size loaches
3, someone who has already got a shoal of at least 4 clown loaches

I'm sure I'm in the right place to at least have a chance of finding them a fantastic new home.

The reason I want to rehome these 2 is because I don't have the space for a larger fishtank in order to upgrade to a proper size community of loaches with the space they need. I also want to keep the overall size of the fish in my tank fairly small as it isn't that big a fishtank (125 litres). The loaches seem happy enough but I think they would benefit massively from being introduced to a proper shoal in order to meet all their needs and hopefully make some new friends too. They have a strong bond as they have been together for a few years now (at least five years).

They are roughly 2 inches in length.

I live in Norwich Norfolk UK. If you are interested in coming to see them then please drop me a pm. Also let me know what your setup is and that you meet the above requirements.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Many thanks

Steve

redshark1

Re: 2 clown loaches free to a good home

Post by redshark1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Three cheers for you sir. But, you may wish to advertise more widely as this is a fairly quiet forum with few members in Norwich (I'm betting). I hope you are able to rehome them successfully.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

Greeny

Post by Greeny » Sun May 07, 2017 8:04 am

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for answering, I have another advert on another forum which I will check now. This could be a bit tricky as I want to make sure they go to a good home but I will keep trying for them.

redshark1

Post by redshark1 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:59 pm

I hope you are successful !!
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Wed May 10, 2017 1:40 am

Fingers crossed for your loaches.

I just bought myself three 5 inch loaches who had been left in the fish shop by another fishkeeper :D Yey. I am up to 12 clowns now and I intend to keep that number :roll: