Well i did it, new Dario *pics*

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Mark in Vancouver

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:10 am

I have had planted tanks and used these medications. "Safe for plants" is not the issue, and the plants show no signs of ill-health. Remember your basics. If it is diluted, it is less harmful.

I don't use insecticide and I'm not big on the use of carcinogenic substances. But with Ich, I admit a desire to "nuke" the pest as fast as possible. Get in there and kill it, and then make your tank a healthy, harmonious place to live. Don't harm your fish, and don't wreck your biofilter, but blast at the Ich with every resource you have.

A lot of loaches will not survive Ich. If your darios are affected with the wasting syndrome, they will already be compromised. I would also look for a treatment temperature of 84. 87's going to boil your fish.
Your vantage point determines what you can see.

Spankenstyne

Post by Spankenstyne » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:14 am

Hah i'm so torn now. Another site/board i've been frequenting & also trust info from (like this place) has many people swearing by the heat method alone. I think i'll keep that method up *for now* but keep an extra close eye on things and any slight bad turns and i'll have some meds here ready on standby. Once the ich is done with i'll definitely be treating for the other parasites unless they start fattening up soon.

All the info so far is very helpful, i can't thank you folks enough.

mikev

Post by mikev » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:22 am

Well, if you do decide to use meds after all, you should use Mark's method: I have no idea how IchGuard will handle a really serious infection... Best of luck!

Spankenstyne

Post by Spankenstyne » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:27 am

Mark obviously knows his stuff and makes a compelling argument. I'll check the local stores tomorrow on the way home from work and see what they have based on his recommendations.