Problematic Clowns-Squishy Strikes Again and Corrupts Friend

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

saphphx

Problematic Clowns-Squishy Strikes Again and Corrupts Friend

Post by saphphx » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:03 am

So, yesterday was tank day, and I forgot to block the hole in their terracotta pot, so who should decide to get violently stuck in it, other then our beloved Squishy. After half an hour of shaking the pot, pushing the loach, and threatening the hammer, I managed to pour some Stress Coat around him and wiggle him out. The hole is now plugged with the airstone and held in place with plant weights as it should have been. My fault for forgetting to do it straight away, but I thought I would have 20 seconds to get some sponge to help fill the whole, guess I was wrong lol.

This morning, one of Squishy's little mates got his nose stuck in a hole in one of the drilled PVC hiding pipes in the tank. That was an easy pull fish out of hole job. No one's bothered since, and all I can figure is he was trying to take a quick way to get the blood worm out of the tube without going in the tube. Should I take the drilled pipes out? He's the smallest loach and really the only one small enough to get his nose in, and apparently the only one stupid enough to get it stuck. So now his nose is black, and his name is Spot lol.

I kinda want to get a 200 gallon bowl and large bowls with big holes for caves so the little buggers stop getting stuck where they shouldn't want to go in the first place! Is this normal for clown loaches or am I one of the lucky few owners of suicide loaches?
too many lovely fishies, not enough room for more tanks - fishkeeping nightmare :P
All My Fishie Stuff n Info

Help Save The Pacu

fishnose

Post by fishnose » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:30 pm

My kuhlis do still find their way into my filter occasionally, but they usually are easy to slip out.

Holy crap!!! You need to put Squishy in a straightjacket in a nice padded box! That is the most accident-prone loach ever. He's even a bad influence on his tankmates! Since you will probably never plug up all the holes he'll get into, I suggest inventing some sort of loachie helmet that will spray aquarium sealent at anything Squishy tries to get into.
On second thought, that would result in your fridge getting sealed shut.

saphphx

Post by saphphx » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:27 pm

fishnose wrote:My kuhlis do still find their way into my filter occasionally, but they usually are easy to slip out.

Holy crap!!! You need to put Squishy in a straightjacket in a nice padded box! That is the most accident-prone loach ever. He's even a bad influence on his tankmates! Since you will probably never plug up all the holes he'll get into, I suggest inventing some sort of loachie helmet that will spray aquarium sealent at anything Squishy tries to get into.
On second thought, that would result in your fridge getting sealed shut.
lol this is true. I need like a fish hamster ball sort of thing. Put him in a fishy bubble. My husbands loaches are getting to two years old now and have never done anything like this, let alone repeated offences.

Today was no different though, caught him trying to get into the filter outlet, even though I moved it above water and stuck the end into a heater gaurd.

I've since had to take the magnet cleaner out as I caught him trying to jump on top of it. I keep checking the water thinking the levels are off or the heater went and is zapping him or something, but everything and everyone else (bar Spot, who is hiding and recovering) is normal. I just don't get it lol.
too many lovely fishies, not enough room for more tanks - fishkeeping nightmare :P
All My Fishie Stuff n Info

Help Save The Pacu