Pic of skin lesion on my dojo

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Wanda

Pic of skin lesion on my dojo

Post by Wanda » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:56 pm

Hi - I posted last week about my dojo loach's skin lesion. I now have some pictures posted at the link below. I treated the tank with melafix for 7 days and did a number of partial water changes - his lesion has not really improved. If anyone has any other ideas about what this lesion could be or how I might treat it again - any advice would be appreciated. He has had this spot for about two months - none of the other fish have any problems - the water is good - he has been in the tank for about 2 years.

http://members.shaw.ca/cray81/loach/lesion_pics.htm

kateswan

Post by kateswan » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:23 am

I've never seen one like this. It looks like raised outer edges and a sunken middle? I missed your original post -- does anyone think this might be a parasite?

Do you have a separate quarantine tank? I have treated dojos with Jungle Parasite tabs before. (Contains: praziquantel; N-[[(N-Chlorophenyl)amino]carbon 1]-2,6-difluorobenzamide; metronidazole; acriflavine) I used the tabs at half dosage.

Sorry for the guy - good luck!

Kathy

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:36 am

The right end section of the area has a white looking parasite in-cased? Hmmm.

Wanda

Post by Wanda » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:52 am

Oh my gosh, I hope he doesn't have a parasite!

Yes, it is sunken in the middle and raised around the edges. I thought that the white edge was just the edge of his skin? I do have a hospital tank I could put him in but how do I know for certain that it is a parasite? Is that the way that they look? I've never seen anything worm-like hanging out of the wound. Unless it is imbedded in his skin? I will try to take some more close up shots of it because it looks a little more red today. Hard to do against the glass of the tank.

Thanks for your help!