dojo pics.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

sophie

dojo pics.

Post by sophie » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:54 pm

Not really close to the standard of a lot of the photos here (I need a proper digital SLR, she said wistfully), but seeing as I haven't seen many dojo photos here recently, and I found my battery charger again, here are some. Not entirely sure which exact species of misgurnus either of these two are (I'm fairly sure they're different)...

(you'll have to excuse the vaguely alarming view of the back wall of the tank in that one...) (and this next one is Just Too Blurry to be big, though I might have it as an avatar, come to think of it)

and could I photograph the yoyos? could I hell. They scoot about like little fast scooty things. The dojos, on the other hand, are very out and about. One of them spends a lot of time in the middle of the tank, and nearly as much with its snout out of the surface. Very bouyant. Then it farts and sinks. :shock:

on a happier note, I got some IN FOCUS pictures of teh white clouds. This I have never, ever managed before!
sophie.
there is no them
there is only us

http://www.duckduckgoosestuff.co.uk

Wendie

Post by Wendie » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:50 pm

Hmm they look a bit different than the ones I saw in the store here. The ones here were pure golden whereas these tend to remind me more of a different color loach. Love them thou...

mamaschild

Post by mamaschild » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:26 am

Nice shots :D

I have two Golds and they are always lazing out in the open. Neat things :)

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:13 am

Sophie wrote:
Not really close to the standard of a lot of the photos here (I need a proper digital SLR, she said wistfully)
Sophie, all my pictures are taken with a couple of years old 3.2 Mp Canon A70, so go figure. It's possible to get pics like this:

Panaque nigrolineatus
(Rio Tocantins)

Your pics aren't bad actually. Depends on your specific camera wether it has the technical ability to improve from there, and you have the time and patience to experiment.

What you got?

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:15 pm

Lovely!! :D

sophie

Post by sophie » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:50 pm

And it is a lovely photo, Martin! I'm using a Canon digital ixus ii, which I don't think is too dissimilar to yours? I think I can override the automatics with this, but I can't quite get my head round a camera wher I don't set the aperture, clamp the lens of my glasses to the viewfinder and fiddle with the
lens manually :-(. I'd still happily be using my film based, fully manual SLR if I could afford film and processing.

The biggest problem I'm having is that the only reliable way to cut out glare of teh tank glass is to press the camera lens against the tank, which kind of restricts the angle I can use, and also the macro function is a bit pants, so when the fish are close to the glass and in a really good position, I can't take the photo. gah, argh and bother. ANyway, when the children are older, or I get sacked from my job, or win the lottery, I shall have the time to practice a bit more. I've got some gorgeous photos of insects somewhere, but there isn't a layer of glass and water between them and the camera!
sophie.
there is no them
there is only us

http://www.duckduckgoosestuff.co.uk

JonGuerriero

Post by JonGuerriero » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:53 pm

Martin Thoene wrote:Sophie wrote:
Not really close to the standard of a lot of the photos here (I need a proper digital SLR, she said wistfully)
Sophie, all my pictures are taken with a couple of years old 3.2 Mp Canon A70, so go figure. It's possible to get pics like this:

Panaque nigrolineatus
(Rio Tocantins)

Your pics aren't bad actually. Depends on your specific camera wether it has the technical ability to improve from there, and you have the time and patience to experiment.

What you got?

Martin.

Is that a real picture? That's amazong!!!!