Another river tank

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

JoeKuhlii

Another river tank

Post by JoeKuhlii » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:03 am

Martin Thoene wrote:......maybe we can start a trend?

Martin.
OK :) I showed pics of this tank on the old Loach Forum, but here are newer ones.

8g nano river tank. Tthis started as a manifold design supplemented by a sump at 240gph. Now flow is maintained by the sump only at ~125gph, but the sump is now an emersed growth/paludarium setup that is not going well. My hillie is on the front glass left center in this pic. Tank dims are 24x6.5x12. Has Kuhliis, a Hillstream, Blue tetras, a Cherry barb, Otos, and shrimp.

Fellow plant guys may like these top views of Bacopa sp, various Ludwigia sp, Stargrass, and Pogostemon stellata variants. Need to return some rock work for the Hillie.

shari

Post by shari » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:01 am

lovley meadow you have in that tank 8)

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:16 pm

Superb!! :D

mamaschild

Post by mamaschild » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:37 pm

Wonderful Plants :)

Question?? Is that first tank REALLY an 8g???? Looks huge :)

JoeKuhlii

Post by JoeKuhlii » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:11 pm

Thank you. :)

mamaschild, yeah, 8.1gallons dry. Its a nice shape save for being so shallow/narrow (depth wise -- only 6.5 inches). Its an old Pemco, which I believe were a MetaFrame knockoff. I have been told they were used as display tanks for fish trade shows in the 70s.

Here's a poor pic from today with a CD in it for scale -- pardon my lack of cleaning :) The pics above were from about two weeks ago. All the pics are the same tank.

Gotta say again that Martin's manifold design was my first project in this hobby, and reading a little of his mindset encouraged me to try different things.