The Big Fight

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

blang

The Big Fight

Post by blang » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:46 pm

I have 3 Yoyo loaches in a 90 gallon tank. One is about 2 1/2 inches and the other is about 2 inches. Well, today, Laser challeged Razor to a battle to see who would be top dog. The colors on both of these guys turned to almost all white. It was a pretty ugly looking battle. The Third loach (Blazer) is about one inch long and remained in his beautiful zebra colors, resting confortably among the plants.

No one appeared to be hurt and their black and white stripes are back to at least a pale color. I expect that there will be another challenge in the future.

Graeme Robson

Re: The Big Fight

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:51 pm

blang wrote:I expect that there will be another challenge in the future.
Unless nothing was solved, then they will do.

poeticpyro

Post by poeticpyro » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:44 am

mine do it all the time... they're just trying to see who is better and who should get the food first etc. it's not serious unless you see them get hurt. to help mine chill out i feed them in two parts of the tank. so they can go away from eachother to eat and all, it has been working. they're little characters and to me they're more entertaining than my clowns! good luck with them...
many tanks...

got to love my fat little wobbly wigglies...

blang

Post by blang » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:24 am

It actually happened about 2-3 hours before feeding time. However, I usually break up the wafer into 4 pieces anyway.