Clown Loach needing neighbours

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

DRLashambe

Clown Loach needing neighbours

Post by DRLashambe » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:52 pm

I'm looking for some ideas. I have a 90 gallon tank with two Aquaclear 110 filters (about 3 times the filtration that a tank like this would need). I have 5 clown loaches that are about 4", 2 giant danios at about 3.5" (pretty much their max size), 2 pictus catfish (3" each, their max is about 4"), and three Bala sharks (very small right now, 1"). This collection of fish leave me with a very "silver and gold" group. Any ideas on what fish might be added for the middle area of the tank and will get along with everyone else? I definately want to avoid anything small as the pictus are notorious for "disappearing" little ones.

BTW, I do know that this will eventually require a somewhat larger tank, I'm building a 200 gallon pond in my basement rec-room.

Erik

Post by Erik » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:03 am

How about some pracox rainbows. That would add some nice schooling to your middle layer. They have irredescent blue with either red or yellow fin colouration.
:)
16G bent corner planted ,pressurized Co2, turbotwist 9w, jebo 828 , 36 led

DRLashambe

Post by DRLashambe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:21 pm

Great looking fish. They'd go great with the Giant Danios, who have that same sort of shimmer. Thanks for your ideas.