Sewellia tank setup

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Sewellia tank setup

Post by Martin Thoene » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:29 pm

I described the other day what I had done with these guys. Here's some pics.

The fish are in this Breeder style tank, 30L x 18W x 12H, so it has a decent footprint. Aquaclear 802 on right sucking through one of my River-Tank manifolds through a single sponge inlet on left.

The tank sits on this Oak dresser with the 24L x 10W x 12H tank next to it, forming an 'L'.

A small mini-powerhead pumps water from the left-hand end of the fishes' tank via a pipe into the smaller tank.

An overhead shot shows the two small HOBs used. One's an Aquaclear 100, the other a Topfin 15. To the right of the top light unit, you can see the small pipe pumping water into the smaller tank. It passes under two large syphons which return water to the main tank.

The smaller tank has no decor. The bag is a Fluval Media bag containing around a handful of Almond leaves. Leafs if you live in Toronto :wink:
Note the brownish tinge to the water. That's a stone with a hole in it tie-wrapped to the inlet pipe to make sure it stays put.

The whole setup is nice and compact. Lighting by two 24" tubes.
Current water temperature is around 75F without any heater.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:03 pm

I likes!! :D