Moving Loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

jenmazz

Moving Loaches

Post by jenmazz » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:22 pm

Hi, I'm Jen and I am moving a 75 gallon fish tank and I have 5 loaches and some mollies. I have to empty the tank completely - any thoughts on how to catch the loaches and how to move them to their new environment? I love my loaches and I've had them a long time - how do I move them and restart my tank? Do I put the tank together, let the water sit for a day and then after it is the right PH and all, let them in it? I was thinking of getting a small 5 or 10 gallon tank to put them in to transport to the new house and then when I had the 75 gallon tank up and running, put them in. Any thoughts/ideas? It would be greatly appreciated! March 29th in the evening, I have to have the tank emptied and the movers come on the 30th but they don't drop off our stuff until April 1.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jen

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:34 am

Hi jenmazz,

Here is a link to a page where I have written an information leaflet regarding moving fish when moving house, hopefully you will find it useful. If you can't move them the same day, your best bet would be to ask your lfs if they can board them while you move and set the tank up in your new location (they will charge a small fee for this).
http://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/read_articl ... =4&search=

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

jenmazz

Post by jenmazz » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:04 pm

Thank you! I will check this site out!
Jen