Yo-Yo's Fighting :(

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Cooky_Luvs

Yo-Yo's Fighting :(

Post by Cooky_Luvs » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:15 pm

I've had my two Yo-Yo loaches for about 4 months now, no problems until last night. They've been fighting off and on since, they are both pale and you can't even see the yo-yo stripes. They keep on fighting even when I tap the glass, when they normally run. Is this just a dominance fight, will it end peacefully? I sure hope so!

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:20 pm

Your Yo-yos are going to continue bickering until you add more of them. Two is a bad number to keep. The change in colour is what is known as 'greying out' and they will return to their normal coloration once the battle is settled, albeit if it is only temporarily settled. Try and find yourself another few Yo-yos to add to the tank as this will help to spread the aggression.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Wendie

Post by Wendie » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:19 pm

Does it matter if the new Yo Yo's are smaller than the ones currently in the tank?

Cooky_Luvs

Post by Cooky_Luvs » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:31 pm

Is 4 ok? I can't fit many more fish, but I could prob do ok w/ 2 more yo-yos. Also yes they've colored up again, glad the fighting has stopped for now.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:56 pm

One, Two, or Three. Anything more than 2 is far better than two loaches constantly bickering with each other. If aquarium space is a issue, then just add one more.