Bio Spira

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Wendie

Bio Spira

Post by Wendie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:09 pm

I thought I would bring this up again as I just had to use some of it to bring down tank levels.

Three days ago I brought up the subject of flashing kubotai. I thought immediately ich but did check the water. It turns out that the readings were ammonia 0, nitrite 0.50, and nitrate 20. Because of the nitrite levels being fairly high I did a 20% water change - nothing. Did another 20% water change - nothing again. I then decided to toss in a package of Bio Spira even though I had it around longer than the shelf life. Nothing happened. Well after the readings were the same last night I decided to use up the remaining package since I had more coming today. I tossed it in the tank last night....

Today's readings are
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20

I guess that package was still good. I did do something with the Bio Spira differently from the first package. I have a very cold fridge. This second package I left out on the countertop for about three hours letting it warm up before using it.