New loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Kevin McRae

New loaches

Post by Kevin McRae » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:27 pm

Hi, I'm new to the boards, and just picked up a trio of yo-yo loaches. There pretty cool, and are adjusting nicley. They accidently put some glowlight tetra's in the bag too....lol. Any tips on keeping them?

I have kept a few species before such as:

Yo-Yo's
Skunk's
Zebra's
Clown's
Weather

and a few more I can't think of, off hand. :)

TammyLiz

Post by TammyLiz » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:25 pm

There is a lot of information on keeping them on the forum. You could do a search for yoyos on this forum and in the archives to read previous discussions about them to help yourself catch up. I also recently got some yoyos. What size tank and what tankmates are you keeping yours with?

All those other loaches you kept before--you made it sound like they're all dead--what happened? If you can figure it out you may be able to avoid repeating previous mistakes.

Kevin McRae

Post by Kevin McRae » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi, know they all lived, I sold them off b/c I got out of fish for a few years. :)

These guys live with some mollies, platies, endlers livebeabers, chinese algea eaters, and a krib.

TammyLiz

Post by TammyLiz » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:03 pm

What a relief! I was afraid for a second that you might be one of those people who think dying is something that fish just do and its normal.

Good luck with your yoyos, and wish me luck with mine. They're growing like mad!

sophie

Post by sophie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:10 pm

TammyLiz wrote:What a relief! I was afraid for a second that you might be one of those people who think dying is something that fish just do and its normal.
fish are immortal?
I knew I was doing something wrong :shock:
sophie.
there is no them
there is only us

http://www.duckduckgoosestuff.co.uk