Magnetic Glass Cleaner

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

DarkPrince

Post by DarkPrince » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:08 pm

hi franmorr1966

I've been using them for 5 years and Yes no doubt they are effective.
It makes your aquarium clean and the fish will feel better if the water is clean.

they are more faster to grow and grow healthy.
try it and see for your self.

carycasper

Post by carycasper » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:15 am

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Safe & Easy Aquarium Spray Cleaner Used to clean glass or acrylic aquariums, hoods, filters, frames and stands. Cuts through the white crusty mineral deposits all over the aquarium. Convenient bottle with spray trigger. Just spray on and wipe off. Non-toxic to fresh and saltwater fish. Comes in a 8 fl. oz (237 ml) spray bottle.

franmorr1966

Post by franmorr1966 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:58 pm

That Safe and Easy cleaner sounds great.

Today I have the Magi Float, medium sized for my 55 gallon. It's plenty big and cleaning is a breeze. I'm happy with it. Thank you all again for your input. It was helpful.

clint

Post by clint » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm glad you like, i don't see the problem with them, as some have posted. I even use the small one in tight to fit areas in my 90g, granted it sometimes floats away but retrieving it is a breeze. I have a large and small one and love the way they work..

franmorr1966

Post by franmorr1966 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks, Clint.

I couldn't agree more. :-)

Diana

Post by Diana » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:10 pm

I have several Bristlenose Plecos that I rotate from tank to tank, whenever I can catch them.
They are really good at the softer species of stuck-on algae.
I have had several SAE. Some are OK algae eaters, others are not too interested. Mostly they eat hairier sorts of algae.

Of course the tank needs to be big enough for these fish.

Otocinclus are pretty good in smaller tanks.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

keenemarlon

Post by keenemarlon » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:11 am

Before your next camping trip go to a pool supply store and buy a 32 ounce bottle of de-foamer solution. This is used in spa’s to eliminate the foam caused by detergent residue in peoples swimming suits. Stop and pick up 2 lbs of baking soda. Now after your next camping trip and before you head home fill the gray water tank about a third of the way. Add 6 ounces of the de-foaming agent down the kitchen sink and let the faucet run for a few minutes. Okay now drive home. The sloshing of the tank will neutralize soap scum and wash the tank walls clean. Leave this solution in the tank until you head out for your next camping trip or next campground. Before you head out add the 2 lbs of baking soda through the kitchen sink running water again for a few minutes. When you get to the campground dump the tank and you have cleaned out the gray water tank. Black water tanks are cleaned a little differently but moving the camper sloshing the mix around helps it get cleaned out also. So you could do both on the same trip. First, one of the biggest mistakes campers make is keeping the black water valve open when camping.