Some Dwarf Cichlids

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:42 pm

There's a big shoal of Cardinal Tetras, a shoal of Corydoras panda, a group of Nannostomus eques (not my picture)

and this odd Moenkhausia colletti which I'm hoping to get more of soon.

I would ask Angel experts for their opinions. Personally, I'd be worried about the dwarfs if a pair of Angels decided to spawn.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Diana

Post by Diana » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:23 am

Cichlids each have their own personality. Some seem to get along, even when you would think they would not.
A friend of mine has some wild-caught Angels, Discus and Apistos (3 species) in a 120 gallon tank. So far, they are getting along. The tank is VERY densely planted, so the Apistos have to really work to come out of hiding.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

Harold Slater

Post by Harold Slater » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Great shots Martin, I'm glad the fish are settling in nicely. You know we nearly sold that entire shipment!!! I can't wait to do another order. I had one hobbyist buy 8 pairs of dwarfs today!

On another shipment note have twenty-two 5cm berdmorei set to arrive this Thursday along with a bunch of oddballs (African Bloodfish) and some newly available snails and shrimp.

Keep up the picture taking you are doing great!

Jyynx

Post by Jyynx » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:50 am

The agassizi is gorgeous! Nice pics.