Pics of Boesemani rainbows

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

clint

Pics of Boesemani rainbows

Post by clint » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:41 am

I have 3 males a 5 females in my 90g got some nice shots i think.

glenna

Post by glenna » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:40 am

Yes!
Those are beauties!
I have three of that type in with four turquoise. They get along well and are just stunning fish.
glenna

clint

Post by clint » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm growing out 3 turquoise in my 20g right now along with a lone axelrod (yellow) rainbow. My LFS had the yellow for a few months and i felt sorry for him so i grabbed him as well. I know i shouldn't have, but he is coloring up nicely. I'm unsure of the turquoise, but they are only around 2" now. They may color up nicely. I also have 2 reds which are coloring up really nicely, they are in the 90g and about the size of a female boesemani. I haven't gotten any good pics of them yet.

Yes i really like my rainbows and my loaches, they have been great tank mates. I have had fish i regret getting, but my bos and loaches aren't one of them.

glenna

Post by glenna » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:17 pm

yeah, these two fish seem to be ideal tank mates.
Don't worry, I'll bet your turquoise will color up. Besides, they are really nice fish anyway.
By the way, it is because of you (CLint) that I am going ahead and ordering up some denison barbs!!!
They are not cheap, that's for sure, but I hope mine will be as nice as those you have photographed. Any tips on keeping them alive ( :lol: :lol: ) and healthy???
thanks!
glenna

clint

Post by clint » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:52 am

How many did you order?

They remind me of colorful bala sharks in their shape and grace of swimming, cept in a smaller package. I don't do nothing special for them they get right in with the bo's at feeding time, my temps are right around 79/80. They have done fine all by themselves. You won't be disappointed they are a nice larger shoaling fish they'll fit in nice with your setup.