Geo's with Firemouths

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

jeep04

Geo's with Firemouths

Post by jeep04 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm trying to figure out what to keep in my 75 gallon with 2 Geophagus leuc. I would really like to do a few Firemouth Cichlids or similar fish that would get 6 to 8 inches any ideas would be helpful. I tried Angelfish that a friend was getting rid of and it did'nt work out they beat the crap out of each other, did'nt bother the other fish though. One of the 3 angels drove the other 2 crazy, would not let them out of the corners. Thanks for the help

stevenallenbarnard

Post by stevenallenbarnard » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Firemouths aren't the best match for Geo's. Try Severums, or if you get your hands on them, some uaru.

jeep04

Post by jeep04 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks for the response, must have been a crap question only got one reply. But thats was all i needed , i did locate 2 of those uaru the store is holding them till i have time to do some research on them. Thanks again
100 gallon with 1 Clown Loach,2 satanoperca leucosticta , 1 geophagus dicrozoster,1 geo pindare, 2 Long finned albino bristlenose. 75gal with single Red Devil

stevenallenbarnard

Post by stevenallenbarnard » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:23 pm

No such thing as a crap question. Really do your research with the uaru. they can be just a temperate as discus.