Amazing :)

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

TayHudson

Amazing :)

Post by TayHudson » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:55 pm

So last night I noticed my pair of German Blue Ram's cleaning off a little terracotta plate : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6kCFKekII

I had a feeling they were going to spawn and when I woke up this morning this is what I found . . . .

I was SOOOOOOOO excited I was sweating! Lol. I called people to tell them, like it was HUGE deal. Well it's a huge deal to me and I have never had fish lay eggs before since I'm still super new at this.

BUT . . .

I noticed my Green Severum was being awfully mean to my female Ram and this is why : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM2K2kwo8is

Unfortunately I don't have a male for her. So her eggs will perish until I can do that.

I was in shock when I saw all of those eggs. It's truly a miracle and I feel blessed to be able to witness it.

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Your single severan and your rams laid eggs on the same day?

Must be something in the water. :)

TayHudson

Post by TayHudson » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 am

starsplitter7 wrote:Your single severan and your rams laid eggs on the same day?

Must be something in the water. :)
Yep. I don't know what did it but it happened today. I feel so bad for the severum since I don't have a bf for her. I'm gonna go on a hunt tho to find one that might be mature enough to fertilize eggs. She laid SOOOOOOOOOOO many.

TayHudson

Post by TayHudson » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:32 am

Some more photos

Keekay & Kiume's eggs <3

Kijani and her eggs :(

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:39 am

I was pretty excited to find Bristlenose fry all over my tank. :)