My First Fish Show!

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

yaksaredabomb

Re: My First Fish Show!

Post by yaksaredabomb » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Thank you for posting all the pictures! It looks like a really fun opportunity, though I can't imagine leaving a tank there for all that time. Setting it up and doing maintenance must have been tricky, too. Nice that you have such a large, organized club in your area to be able to do these things!

I know it's been a month since anyone posted on this, but I didn't notice anyone comment on how to keep the pictures from getting cut off. If you haven't figured out a solution already, you could try resizing the photos to a lower resolution before uploading them. I like to use Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/) but many photo editing programs will work - including MS Paint!

If you feel like the smaller pictures just aren't as good and you want to show off the originals, you can always upload both versions, include the smaller one in-line with your post for easy viewing, and below it include a url to the original.

Hope that's of some use!

starsplitter7

Re: My First Fish Show!

Post by starsplitter7 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks for the photo tips. I will keep them in mind.

The fish weren't alone at the show, since club members were there frequently. I was there every day until the show opened, and then I visited 4 times to make sure they were okay. And one of the club members was there every night checking the health and wellfare of the fish, not to mention feeding them yummies. :) The fish did well and seemed to enjoy the attention. Now they are back to their humdrum lives in my living room. :)

PS My dad is from Columbus, Indiana.