My Ferret and the Fish Tank

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Rusty

Re: My Ferret and the Fish Tank

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:30 am

Haha, fair enough.

Well try giving him an egg as a treat sometime then, it'll keep him occupied for a while trying to figure out how to crack it open.

Either that or knock it enough so it just starts leaking, and leave him to it.

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:46 am

I can't even imagine the mess. :)

Crissyloach

Post by Crissyloach » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:39 am

Does he have a cage,or is he loose when you are home?

Current betta count...Too many. :P

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:52 pm

There's a picture of his cage -- I think it is the last one. I wouldn't dream of letting him roam the house when I am not home. I have enough problems keeping him out of trouble when I am watching him. :) I do not allow him to do any of these things, but here's some of the stuff he does: He can get on the kitchen table to look for food, in all the cabinets (they are taped shut), get in the kitchen drawers through the cabinets, pop doors open (my smaller ferret could go under the door crack), flips drinks over, steals food and hides it under the bed, digs up plants, pushed the cats out of their food and eats it (the cats know they are not allowed to eat him, so they do their best not to kill him when he does that), . . . with ferrets you have to check the fridge, toilet, . . . fish tank and make sure they are not stuck inside. You can't imagine where I have found ferrets. :)

Sorry to the Mederators. This was supposed to be fish oriented. I should have put it in the offtopic section.

Crissyloach

Post by Crissyloach » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Missed that! :)

I used to know someone who let their ferrets out, pretty much all of the time! They would find them in the weirdest places! I cant believe they stayed out of trouble!
Last edited by Crissyloach on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:45 pm

I also let the ferrets out when I am home. They aren't animals that should live in cages. Mine sleep in the cage, and go there when they are tired. But they are very smart inquisitive animals and need to be kept busy and intellectually stimulated. If not, they entertain themselves.

I found two ferrets curled up sound asleep in a pot in the drawer at the bottom of the stove. They slept in there all the time.

My first ferret was super smart and could open his cage, so at night I would hear dishes being pushed off the kitchen cabinets.

Crissyloach

Post by Crissyloach » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:55 pm

I agree- totally! I mean- they had them out at night, when they were out of the house etc...I can see the little guys getting into A LOT of trouble!

That first ferret of yours...:)!