Heater troubles......

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

kimura

Heater troubles......

Post by kimura » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 pm

So about 4 years ago I bought a bunch of stealth heaters and this winter some of them started failing. I like the look of them
so I bought 2 of the stealth pro marineland heaters from petsmart as replacements. They seem to be working fine but today I received
a recall leter sent to me by petsmart. It basicly says I can return the heater for a full refund.

There is a phone number for questions but it's on the east coast so I have will have to call tomorrow. I believe I heard someone
say they had some heaters blow up so now I'm paranoid about that happening.

More bad news: I bought one more from an online pet store that sells on ebay so I doubt I will be able to return that one.
Does anyone have any information on about whats wrong with these heaters and if I can't use these, whats the best heater?

I don't mind paying for a quality heater but im tired of replacing heaters every couple of years. Is there a long lasting
heater that has a good warranty ?

Crissyloach

Re: Heater troubles......

Post by Crissyloach » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:34 am

Yep. Our local club has a warning sent out.

Here is a link to a good site.
http://www.kcfishclub.org/forum/13-haas ... aters.html

Current betta count...Too many. :P