New Tank: Catching You Up To Speed

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Joe Loach

New Tank: Catching You Up To Speed

Post by Joe Loach » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 am

It has been a long time since I've posted on Loaches Online.

Here's my new aquarium. It is a tank that has been in the dreaming and planning stages for about 40 years.

Custom A.G.E. acrylic aquarium (Dallas) ordered through North Waco Tropical Fish: 96"L X 18"W X 14"T, 1/2" thickness; custom wooden cabinet stand 48"T; lighting - 17 Ikea tertial work lamps with 9 watt LEDs 6,500K 60 degree dimmable; Eheim 2080 canister filter containes 1" lava rock, 2 fine and 1 coarse filter pads with 2 Filter Max III prefilters; 300 watt hydrocor inline heater; tunze nano cleaner 3165 FW surface skimmer; tanzanita driftwood with christmas moss; Colorado river rock; 1/4" Estes Marine Sand (mix of black and beige); gradient blue cloth background commissioned using the talents of Vicki Welch; 45 smaller fish (main schoolers are 18 bloodfin tetras, 14 scissor tailed rasboras - rarely imported is pare of Black Toraja gobies, Mugilogobius sarasinorum).

Here are some pics, from the tank just after it was initially set up a few weeks back, to where it is today. I added lights from the original plan.

Video:

Last edited by Joe Loach on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hx

Re: New Tank: Catching You Up To Speed

Post by hx » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:57 am

I love it!

Some ballsy lighting you've created.
"There is no name for what I'm going to be when I get big."
-Tom Robbins
planethx
Mudskipper tank

cider

Post by cider » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:59 am

wow ! looks very natural, love the moss on the wood , the substrate is amazing and everything is place perfectly.. totally dig it , nice job !
G
cider

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:01 am

Joe, it is so nice to see you. How are you?

The tank is amazing! Please continue to post pictures. Wow!