THANK YOU SO MUCH XX

The place for all discussions not loach-related concerning freshwater fish keeping. All our members keep other fish so you may benefit from their experience.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

ladyloach70

THANK YOU SO MUCH XX

Post by ladyloach70 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:07 am

I decided to acquire an Aquarium and make it cold water. So far so good with my venture. Very angry with my local pet shop and finally your wonderful website has made all very clear. When I went to 'said' pet shop i was sold a 'COMMON PLECO' I looked high and low for pic of this gorgeous creature but nothing!!!! Now I know why its a Hillstream Loach. Still love them to bits loads of oxygen floating around places for them to hide, Blood worm 1 - 2 times a week, now I can look at beautiful pics online as well Happy Days xxxxxx :D

waterfaller1

Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH XX

Post by waterfaller1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:28 am

Good luck! Would love to see a pic of this 'common pleco hillstream loach'.. :D
Keep Smiling :>)~ Carole

starsplitter7

Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH XX

Post by starsplitter7 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Sometimes the best and cheapest fish are the ones mislabeled. I have even told them what they are selling and they gave me the super low price. I dig through all the tanks and look for contaminants, and some of the best tanks are feeder tanks. Even found kuhlies loaches, whisker shrimp and darters in the feeder tanks. Also some really neat catfish fry.