Levamisole/Flubenol in different countries??

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

tender

Levamisole/Flubenol in different countries??

Post by tender » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi!
In a previous thread I explained about the difficulties of getting these two products in my native country Norway. However; I have a father who travels a huge amount in his work and I`m trying to find out the availibility of these meds in different countries.
He mainly travels to: USA (New York,Washington and Texas), France, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark,The Netherlands. But also a wide range of other countries in Europe. If anybody out there could give me information of the availibility of these meds (prescription or non-prescription) in their own country I would very much appreciate it :D I know of one way to get Flubenol via E-bay (thanks to Emma Turner :D ) but this is quite risky to get via shipment as customs are A..hol.. in Norway.

Kind regards
Marius Podolski

Diana

Post by Diana » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:38 pm

Both are OTC (Over The Counter) items, and ought to be in any fish store. Not as likely in some of the pet stores, though. You would be looking for an independently run place.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

fish_frenzy

Post by fish_frenzy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:39 am

It's veryhard to find levimisole in Canada as I tried to get some about 6 months ago and after 47 phone calls, I found a drug manufacturer that could get some brought in special order for, get this $52.75 for enough to medicate a 20G tank!!!

They stopped using it to deworm pigs about 10 years ago and it is no longer manufactured in Canada and the manufacturers have to fill out some kind of paperwork to get it and then I needed to get a prescription from a vet and yada yada yada! I traded a local fish keeper enough to do my 2 infected tanks and gave her some plants and I was done!

Next time I will just order it online and be done with it! On the upside, it works amazingly well on Callamanus Nematode!! :)

Tammy
Looney for Loaches!

wasserscheu

Post by wasserscheu » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:12 am

Our local vet. would order levamisol, I don´t know the price though. She was very surprised about the application and asked a bunch of questions either out of curiosity or checking for abuse , I don´t mind. Never ordered it yet. But I am thinking about preventive application for new fish...
Wolfram

wasserscheu

Post by wasserscheu » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:59 pm

Hi again,

just ran across a Gerrman thread, recommending "Levamisol 10" - Manufacturer: CP Pharma in Burgdorf

approx. 15 Euro for 250ml, contains 25g Levamisol. The liquid for injections may be easier to dose, it says...

Good luck
Wolfram

boyneburn

Post by boyneburn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:37 am

Have you seen this http://wormerplus.co.uk/

tender

Post by tender » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:53 am

Yes, this is a great place. I got Flubenol from Plymouthdiscus in the mail yesterday :D Now, I only need the Levamisol... Apparently Plymouthdiscus is in the process of trying to get it ready for sale.. But it will probably take some time...

Thanks for all the feedback, everybody :D Ceep`em coming! I`m sure this thread can be useful for lots of (loach)people who live in countries with stupid medication-regulations!

Steen

Post by Steen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:54 am

In Denmark you have to go through a vet. to get any of the 2 medications :?

tender

Post by tender » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:35 pm

My father is going to New York next week.
Does anyone know where/if he can get Levamisole somewhere in Manhattan?

Kind regards
Marius

tender

BUMP

Post by tender » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:11 am

I`m doing a bump on this thread as my dad is leaving for New York tomorrow. Also; is Maracyn available over the counter?

Kind regards
Marius