cloudy eyed ADF. Need help!

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

DEBRA

Post by DEBRA » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:11 am

HaHa... Don't you feel sorry for the female? Mine used to try all kinds of aerobatics to make him let go to no avail. I can see how her eyes could become injured, even by her using her back flippers to try and get him off.

Your frogs are lucky to be getting the very best of care from you ALX... any thoughts of raising little tadpoles? :wink:

Debra

ALX

Post by ALX » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:27 am

I had planned to raise a few. I put them in a plastic floating breeder box. Somehow the frogs managed to flip it over and the tadpoles escaped to the main tank and became breakfast :(

So no tads yet. I thought it would be really cool to see one develope too, aw well. They may still spawn again yet. Though I would rather they stopped so the females eyes don't get more F'ed than they already are.

I try to take the best care possible of them. They really are cute and funny pets. I just love them.

By the way their names are Jack and Gardetta.
Here they are spawning. You can see eggs on top of the water. Poor Gardettas eyes are pretty bad in this photo, they are a little better looking than that now.
-ALX