Clown Loach - Strange Behaviour

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

eastofthesun46

Clown Loach - Strange Behaviour

Post by eastofthesun46 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:16 pm

As you may have read, I have had some trouble with my filter, which lead to poor water quality for a few days. I have a new filter installed, and water quality is back to what it should be.
Since the new filter was installed, however, I have noticed that my clown has developed some strange new behaviours. He is much less active during the day, choosing instead to spend most of his time resting behind the old filter, where he used to sleep at night.
As soon as there are flakes in the water, he leaps into action for ten to twenty minutes, then resumes his nap behind the filter. He has also taken to lying against the vertical edge of the new filter, upside down with his barbels close to the surface of the water.
Since the new filter actually works, I know that the oxygen levels are good, and also that ammonia and nitrites are at zero. I can see no flashing, no visible signs of illness or infection on Eric or any of his other tankmates.
If I didn't know better, I'd say he was a grumpy teenager hiding in his room. Has anyone else had a similar experience after a sudden upheaval?