Suspected Bacteria Outbreak i desperatly need your guys help

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

sperkator

Suspected Bacteria Outbreak i desperatly need your guys help

Post by sperkator » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Alright so for a couple weeks the pattern in my yoyo loach has been weird swimming on his side sometimes and my clown loach which when i bought him like a month ago was skinny (stupid petsmart) i thought for a month it was parasites but now ive been reading i think this is a bacteria outbreak because my pleco has white fuzz on his face and isnt moving much close to death i need home remedies to get rid of bacteria like raise the temperature or something or i need recommendation of medicine ASAP that i can order and if that medicine is available at petsmart so i can run up and get it today, so please if anyone can help me out? i have a planted tank with 40 watts of light in a 29 gallon tank tall, 60 gallons worth of filtration, and a recent brown algae outbreak. i also have 4 fish, 2 snails, 1 angelica loach, 1 clown loach (sick) 1 pleco idk what kind hes small though like 2 inchs , 1 kuhli loach i had 3 but 2 died within 3 days of me buying them so guys can you help me?

Jim Powers

Re: Suspected Bacteria Outbreak i desperatly need your guys

Post by Jim Powers » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:25 pm

I would try treating with a combination of Marycyn and Marycyn 2. Both are available at Petsmart.
Good luck!