Clown loach very happy.......

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

loachlover77

Clown loach very happy.......

Post by loachlover77 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Well I have some wonderful news for everyone: my biggest clown loach who was sick for about 3 to 4 weeks has improved greatly. She is not hanging at the top of the tank anymore, she is swimming upright now. She went through swim bladder issues after she had a fungus infection and ich. I am very proud that I have gotten her through these illnesses. She is acting more like a clown loach now.

What I did:
I fed her veggies and a little bit of flakes every day,
Kept an eye on her every single day,
Kept my water temp at 86 degrees so that no other illnesses could take a hold of her,
Done a water change, which she loved.

I think that by feeding her the veggies and little bit of flake food every day has helped her recover from the swimbladder issue that she was going through. I fed her peas and she started to improve her swimming and she starting hanging at the bottom of the tank instead of at the top.

She wasn't suffering from oxygen deprivation like someone had suggested that it was the reason why she was hanging at the top. I thought it was also, because I did look it up. But the way that she was swimming had me thinking that it wasn't oxygen deprivation and that it was swim bladder issue/disease. She was relaxing and floating around, then she would upright herself and hang at the top of the tank: that is what she was doing before she recovered.

Now she is very happy and being a clown loach and she is hanging at the bottom of the tank every single day.

ClownLoachSharky

Re: Clown loach very happy.......

Post by ClownLoachSharky » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Thats good news loachlover
You wouldnt have that problem with a V8

loachlover77

Post by loachlover77 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Thank you very much ClownLoachSharky.

ClownLoachSharky

Post by ClownLoachSharky » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:16 am