9 Sewellia fry - help!!

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Frank

9 Sewellia fry - help!!

Post by Frank » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi everyone

I hope you don't mind but I am very new to loaches and do hope this question isn't a repeat. If it is please do just reply with a link to the post.

I have a small 60l tank with fast moving water and good oxygen which I set up for my two hillstream loaches - I believe they are These ; http://www.loaches.com/species-index/sewellia-lineolata

I now have another 9 little loaches. Pics coming soon.

Can I please ask for some noob friendly advice on doing my best to give them a good chance of survival?

In return I will add all detail about what I did to set up the tank as best I could to encourage breeding.

They share the tank with a friendly little group of gold mountain minnows. Sorry I anot that pro with Latin names.

All help very much appreciated.

Frank

Jim Powers

Re: 9 Sewellia fry - help!!

Post by Jim Powers » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 pm

I have had several species of hillstreams breed and always did the same thing....I left the babies in with the adults. The adults will not eat the young and the young will graze around the tank and also feed on the same algae wafers and shrimp pellets that the adults do.
So relax and enjoy the young. They should be fine since conditions were favorable for the adults to spawn.