Golden Dojo Loach red spots.

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

thomasd1993

Golden Dojo Loach red spots.

Post by thomasd1993 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:49 pm

This morning when I woke up and went to feed my fish (2 golden dojo loaches, 1 black ghost knife, 2 black mollies ,1 pregnant, and 2 male guarmis) i looked at my loaches and noticed one of them had these red dots on it. I have no clue what it is but I also noticed that it is a little pinker than the other. My water parameters are fine and I do a 40% waterchange every week. I do nto know what caused the red spots but so far it has not spread to the other. ANy help, advice or treatment advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Diana

Re: Golden Dojo Loach red spots.

Post by Diana » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:55 pm

A single patch or spot might be a place where the fish bumped into something sharp. Perhaps in play, or perhaps trying to escape from another fish.
One or a couple of such spots might be where another fish attacked. Some fish bite, causing shallow or deep open wounds. Some fish ram each other, causing deep bruising and possible internal injuries.

Places where parasites were attached might show as red dots.

Internal bacteria infection usually shows not so much as dots, but streaks where the infection is following the blood veins.

Diseases such as Aeremonas can show up as a red area, usually larger (I would not call it dots) and turns into a hole in the fish. (If you have a strong stomach google images of this disease)

I am not sure what the overall color change is, unless it is a stress reaction.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!