Dojo loach with small white lump

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Old Gregg

Dojo loach with small white lump

Post by Old Gregg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 am

Hi all,

One of my dojo loaches has a small white lump on his side. I first noticed it when I brought him home two weeks ago. So far I haven't noticed any change in it, and he has been swimming, eating, and playing like a normal loach (I've kept loaches for over a year now).

I've tried figuring it out on my own but I'm at a loss. I know it's not Ich. I might think it were a fungus but it's not fuzzy. He's in a 20G tank, 72F.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

DainBramage1991

Re: Dojo loach with small white lump

Post by DainBramage1991 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:46 pm

I hope you have plans to move him into a bigger tank, dojos get quite large. He should also have some other loaches of his own kind for company, if he doesn't already.

As for the bulge, it could be a benign growth or it could be a small pustule (similar to a pimple) that will clear up on its own. I had a tetra with something very similar, and it eventually popped and healed.

However, please be sure to try to find an accurate and specific diagnosis, as what I have mentioned is only my opinion based on my own experiences.