Emergency body slime, eye cloud, bloody eyes

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

LoachOrgy

Re: Emergency body slime, eye cloud, bloody eyes

Post by LoachOrgy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:42 am

Well everything is looking back to normal. the fish are lively again and loachy dancing. They are coming right up to me. The alpha is still showing a little darker color than normal but all visible signs of red dots or streaks are gone. No body slime or eye cloud is visible in the tank. The only fish with an issue is the one that lost the fight and the bloody eye has reduced by about 50%.

Thanks for your help.

I am assuming this was a fungus now since it seems to have cleared up. I'm doing a 2ndary anti bacterial treatment to follow up for the bloody streaks for a full course treatment.
All your loaches are belong to me!

MandaMunky

Post by MandaMunky » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:41 pm

What a relief! I'm glad everyone is looking normal & I totally agree with that secondary line up of antibacterial meds in this case. Good going getting your tank back in order!

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:21 pm

well its been more than a month that i began treatment and i still have two clowns that have a slight cloudy eye. ive been treating dually melafix with tmp sulfa this last treatment and the fish are all coming around and swimming. also the isolated striata that has the missing fin now has about 10% growth back and the part that began eating into the body is now gone. the melafix actually worked the best for this entire treatment. i couldn't figure out what it was because it looked like a fungus. the fungus clearworked well but the api brand did not. the loaches didn't like the fungus cure api and the victoria green b medication that they changed will not filter out of my tank even with charcoal in for a week.
All your loaches are belong to me!